Biometric screening refers to the baseline testing that serves as the foundation for any corporate wellness program. ARCpoint Labs of Anderson can perform the biometric screening that you need to get your program started. We can perform screening on-site, or you can visit our lab for these basic measurements. Based on the goals you wish to achieve and the budget you have to work with, ARCpoint Labs of Anderson can assist you in choosing which screening components are needed.
Elements of a Biometric Screening Program
The most common elements of biometric screening include:
- Body Composition – Body Mass Index (comprised of height and weight measurements) and circumference measurements (typically waist)
- Blood pressure
- Lipids (Total Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Triglycerides, Cardiac Risk Ratio) – Determines risk of heart disease
- Random and Fasting Glucose – Determines if blood glucose level is within a healthy range and will detect if employee is diabetic or pre-diabetic
Additional Screenings Beneficial to Your Employees
Additional screenings / tests that may be added to your screening program or offered as a benefit to employees (employer could elect to cover costs or simply provide opportunity to employee as a supplement(s) to their program):
- Flu Vaccines
- Nicotine Testing – Insures participation in smoking (tobacco) cessation programs
- Allergy Testing
- Comprehensive Women’s Health panel
- Comprehensive Men’s Health panel
- Heart Health panel – Disease prevention
- Cancer Screens
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) – Males only
- Thyroid panel – Evaluates gland function and aids in diagnosis of thyroid disorders
- Comprehensive Chemistry / Metabolic Profile – Evaluates organ function and checks for conditions such as diabetes, liver and kidney disease
- Deficiency Testing (Iron, Vitamin D, for example)
Contact ARCpoint Labs of Anderson Today!
To learn more about ARCpoint Labs of Anderson corporate wellness services, contact us today.